July 15, 2016
Annual fundraiser yields similar success with another $12,500 raised for children’s hospice.
On Friday, July 15, 2016, The Markie Foundation hosted its 17th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Callippe Preserve Golf Course in Pleasanton, California–a new venue for 2016. The event netted approximately $12,500, which will go directly to support children’s hospice programs and services.
Approximately 150 golfers and dinner guests participated in the event, which continues to be the organization’s primary fundraiser. During the dinner banquet, The Markie Foundation announced it will be disbursing its funds raised from the event to two worthy organizations, as follows:
- $10,000 to George Mark Children’s House–To help replace several highly specialized patient beds used to care for the children they serve, as GMCH continues to serve hundreds of families in need.
- $1,500 to Camp Okizu–To enable an entire family dealing with childhood cancer to spend time outside the hospital in a beautiful camp setting, complete with the necessary medical care and family programs.
Thanks to all the participants, sponsors, and volunteers who made this another huge success!
- 1st Place: Joey Boragno, Rich Boragno Sr., Paul Ventimiglio, Eric Miller
- 2nd Place: Zachary McClure, Dan Bradley, Sean Hewitt, Ian Maxwell
- 3rd Place: Mike Slayday, Jenni Slayday, Joe Perry, Brenda Perry
- Long Drive: Paul Ventimiglio, Mary White
- Closest to Pin: Kevin Schaumberg
View golf tournament photos on our Facebook page. (coming soon)
- EC Telecom
- Clif Bar
- Kim Financial Advisors
- R. Lang Company
- The Transportation Shoppe
- Shipley Estate Management
- Infuze Marketing
- JoAnne Wuelfing / Lucky #7
- Kevin’s Memorial Hole / The Ostrowski Family
- Law Office of John A. Batelaan
- Kraw Law Group
- Warren & Yolanda Carney
- Mark & Geri Wuelfing
- Paul & Giovanna Carney
- Bay Area Development Company / Joe Lampe
- Blast Analytics & Marketing
- Clif Bar / Rich Boragno
- Creason Enterprises, Inc.
- CrossRhodes Promotions
- Elaine Blonigan
- Helene Perrizo
- Kathy Hull & Bill Gisvold
- Studio Blue / Greg Betty
- The Canalss Family
- The Slivinsky Family
- Will & Anne Pearce
THANK YOU TO ALL!
Our 18th Annual Charity Golf Tournament is currently scheduled for July 2017.