July 8, 2022
More than 160 supporters come together to help raise $30,000+ for children’s hospice.
On Friday, July 8, 2022, The Markie Foundation hosted its 22nd Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Callippe Preserve Golf Course in Pleasanton, California. It was another wonderful day of golf and charity and, combined with additional donations, helped raise more than $30,000 for children’s hospice this year. Approximately 160 golfers and dinner guests participated in the event, where the organization also announced its 2022 disbursements (see more below).
“This past July 2nd marked the 23rd anniversary of Markie’s passing, and we can’t think of a better way to honor him than come together for this annual event with so many family, friends, and special guests,” said Janis Wuelfing, Co-Founder of The Markie Foundation. “We’re extremely proud of the Foundation’s accomplishments, which wouldn’t be possible without the tremendous support and participation we receive year after year. Thank you to all those who’ve made our event another success, along with the many donors who’ve contributed generously this year.”
Foundation Disburses Another $40,000 to Top Beneficiaries
During the dinner banquet, The Markie Foundation announced its 2022 disbursement of another $25,000 to long-time beneficiary George Mark Children’s House (GMCH). The donation will support GMCH’s 2022 nurses campaign to educate, train, employ, and retain quality pediatric palliative care nurses.
The Markie Foundation also announced an additional donation of $10,000 to UC Davis Foundation for continued pediatric bereavement support and a Pediatric Patient and Family Navigator position; and an additional $5,000 to Hinds Hospice for its Angel Babies and HindsKids Pediatric Program operations.
Since its inception, The Markie Foundation has raised and disbursed nearly $500,000 — a half of million dollars! — to support children’s hospice. View our many beneficiaries through the years.
Thanks again to all our sponsors, donors, participants, and volunteers for your continued support. We couldn’t do it without you!
Our 23rd Annual Charity Golf Tournament is scheduled for Friday, July 14, 2023, in Pleasanton, CA. Check back on our site for specific details.
View Google Photos:
The Markie Foundation 22nd Annual Charity Golf Tournament
Golf Tournament Winners:
- 1st Place: Pat Sosinski, Chad Viggiano, Scott Stanberry, Matt Pingatore
- 2nd Place: Gilbert Olachea, David Simens, Walt Ehlers, Jerry Clem
- 3rd Place: Rich Rowley, Jordan Rowley, Bob Whitling, Sean Guzman
- Blind Draw: Tony McGuire, Kim McGuire, Steve White, Dennis Hermosa
- Closest to Pin (Men’s): Ross Stewart
- Closest to Pin (Women’s): Beverly Tillman Risso
- Longest Drive (Men’s): Sean Guzman
- Longest Drive (Women’s): Sydney Ginsberg
The Markie Foundation co-founders, Joe and Janis Wuelfing, pose with the first-place team members, Pat Sosinski and Scott Stanberry.
Our Wonderful Sponsors:
- Candler & Maddie Rich, Robbie & Kaitlyn Ries, Mart
- Fratelli Boragno Pizza
- Hinds Hospice
- Jimmy Rich, State Farm Insurance
- Lopez FamilyRich Rowley
- Shipley Estate Management
- Sosinski Family
- Boys Camp Big 3: Uncle Art, Uncle Will, Cape Horn Ed
- CHE & UA (Made It 20 Years!)
- “Chris Cares” for The Markie Foundation (In Memory of Chris Labbadia)
- Hinds Hospice x3
- JoAnne Wuelfing (#7)
- Kevin’s Memorial Hole / The Ostrowski Family
- Law Offices of John A. Batelaan
- Sheila & Jim Cantrell
- Philadelphia Insurance Companies
- BlastX/Blast Analytics
- Paul & Giovanna Carney/Family
- Deborah Paquin/Strategic Communications
- Paul & Giovanna Carney
- Warren & Yolanda Carney
- Mark & Geri Wuelfing
- Studio Blue / Greg Betty
Additional Tourney Donors
- Candler & Maddie Rich
- Creason Enterprises, Inc. / Scott Creason
- Cross Rhodes Promotions (Gisele Rhodes)
- GoPro / Rob Treichler
- Kathy Hull & Bill Gisvold
- Studio Blue
THANK YOU TO ALL!
Our 23rd Annual Charity Golf Tournament will be scheduled soon. Check back on our site for specific details.