COVID-19 Update on June 7: Golf tournament POSTPONED. Due to community health guidelines and the current suspension of golf tournaments at Callippe Preserve Golf Course, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone The Markie Foundation 21st Annual Charity Golf Tournament, previously scheduled for Friday, July 17, 2020. We’re still considering alternative dates for a Fall 2020 golf tournament and will keep you informed.
Each year, The Markie Foundation hosts its annual charity golf tournament to benefit children’s hospice. This is our largest fundraiser of the year–and a great time out for all those involved.
Our 21st Annual Charity Golf Tournament has been POSTPONED.
Read about our 20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament, held on Friday, July 19, 2019.
A special THANK YOU to Clif Bar, KPMG, EC Telecom, and TRU-FRAME for their Platinum Sponsorship in 2019!
Below is information on our past 2019 event.
- Download Tournament Brochure
Print and complete to sign up–and share with family and friends.
- Sponsorships & Donations
Interested in sponsoring the tournament or donating to our raffle or auction?
- Founders Letter
- Tournament Schedule
- Entry Fee
- Callippe Preserve Golf Club
- View the auction items!
The Markie Foundation was established in July 1999 to honor our son Mark Warren Wuelfing, who died a four months of age from a sever neurological disorder. Our purpose is to raise money for children’s hospice programs in Northern California and to help other families receive the quality hospice services needed while caring for a terminally ill child at home. To date, we have raised approximately $400,000 towards this cause, thanks to our many generous supporters.
We are excited to host our 20th Annual Charity Golf Tournament — a milestone event! — as we continue to grow and support children’s hospice. We look forward to you participating and helping us continue to make a difference in the lives of terminally ill children and their families.
– Janis and Joe Wuelfing, Markie’s Parents
11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Registration; Warm-Up; Range Balls; Lunch
- Shotgun Start (Scramble Format)
- No-Host Cocktails; Dinner; Awards; Presentation; Auction; Raffle
The tournament entry fee is $150, which includes:
- Green Fee
- Range Balls
- Golf Shirt (or other giveaway)
- Tee Prizes/Gifts
- Beverage Tickets
- Dinner and Awards
Dinner guests only: $40
- Past Events
Click on the links below for information on previous tournaments, including sponsors, winners, and photos:
- The Markie Foundation 19th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 18th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 17th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 16th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 15th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 14th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- The Markie Foundation 13th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
- Past Winners: List of winners from all of our past golf tournaments coming soon.